Gynecomastia Surgery @ Glojas
What is Gynecomastia?
At Glojas Plastic Surgery Malaysia, Gynecomastia is also known as ‘man boobs’, is a condition of enlarged breasts in men that can occur at any age. The condition can be the result of hormonal changes, heredity, obesity or the use of certain drugs.
Gynecomastia can cause emotional discomfort and impair your self-confidence. Some men may even avoid certain physical activities and intimacy just to hide their condition.
Gynecomastia is characterized by;
- Excess localized fats
- Excess glandular tissue development
- Sometimes excess breast skin
- Presence unilaterally (one breast) or bilaterally (both breasts)
How does a Gynecomastia Surgery work?
Our surgeon will give you local anesthesia. After anesthesia has taken effect, small incisions are made to insert the cannula. The tumescent fluid is infiltrated into the fat area to numb and breaks the fat followed by the suctioning and removal of the fats. Gynecomastia involves making an incision usually around the nipple in order to remove fat and/or glandular tissue from the breasts. Sometimes it is necessary to remove excess skin as well.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery?
You may be a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery if;
- You have tried alternative medical treatments, but they’ve proven ineffective in treating the condition.
- You are self-conscious about the appearance of your breasts.
- You experience discomfort as the breast tissue is tender and sore.
- You are physically healthy.
- You have realistic expectations.
- Your breasts are fully developed.
- You are not a smoker or a drug user.
- You are able to maintain a stable weight in order to keep up the results of your surgery.
Is it painful?
It is done under local anesthesia, meaning you are fully awake but you will receive medicine to numb the area to block the pain.
How long do Gynecomastia surgery results last?
The final results of Gynecomastia surgery are generally long-lasting. You are highly encouraged to live a healthy lifestyle.
How long is the recovery?
There will be minimal bruising and swelling for atleast 7-14 days.
Will there be after care?
You will be given medication for anti-swelling, pain, antibiotic and antibiotic cream for you to apply at incision site after clean. We suggest you wear a compression garment to fasten recovery and care for your incision site as directed. You need to return the next day for the dressing and follow-ups. Stitches will be remove after one week.
How much does it cost?
Gynecomastia surgery in Malaysia cost starts from USD 2000 onwards depending on the size of targeted area.
Dr. Mohd Ali is a qualified Plastic Surgeon and sub-specialised in Craniofacial Surgery with more than 15 years in rich experience, knowledge and talent.
Do contact us for your FREE Consultation with our expert of Plastic Surgery in Kuala Lumpur, Dr. Mohd Ali at +60362115555.
Here at Glojas, we bring out the best in you!