FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) is the older method of hair transplant and more widely known as strip harvesting. It involves surgical procedures that remove a thin strip of your scalp that contains thousands of healthy hair follicles before it is then individually isolated and implanted into the critical areas.
With Dato’ Dr JasG’s advanced and qualified skills, today, he has legally patented the SMART™ FUT formula into the standard technique of FUT. Superior and custom-made to each patients’ hair loss and scalp condition, his formula and technique are unlike any other. FUT is one of the most commonly used hair transplant procedures in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and it is the ideal choice for a patient with more hair loss and desires more hair transplanted in a single session.
The advantages of the FUT?
Patients with large areas of baldness are highly advised to choose FUT. Some may worry about scarring but most customers’ scars remain well hidden as the hair fully covers the scalp and no one who does this procedure would ever want to clean shave their heads. FUT allows thousands of follicles to be implanted in one surgery and every hair is implanted individually with importance placed on every detail.
SMART™ FUT Hair Transplant procedure:
1) Planning and Design the desired cosmetic goals based on prior consultations with our specialists. The plan includes where the new hairline will start, along with its general shape and appearance.
2) The ‘donor area’ is established which is commonly located at the back of the head. This area is non-testosterone zone meaning the hair follicle in it survive most of your lifetime and are ideal for continuing their life of the receptive area.
3) The strip of healthy scalp that contains follicle hair will be removed, and it is usually 1 centimeter wide and can be as long as 30 centimeters. The strip will be placed in a specialised solution that mimics the body’s own fluids. It will maintain the tissue and maximizes the life of the follicles.
4) Follicle units group are 1 to 4 hairs will be excised from the strip of the scalp before growing out naturally. Our experts will start with the actual hair implantation according to the design, and implanting the follicular units into very precise locations across your scalp.
5) Recovery within 10 to 14 days. Daily activities can still be resumed but no physical exercise for 14 days.
The recovery time can vary. For most patients 7-10 days for the grafts to fully ‘set’. In 2-5 months you will notice a new, permanent hair growing back and at 6 months it will be ready to be groomed and style.