Brilliant Eyes only with Glojas!
Glojas Plastic Surgery Centre is located in an affluent residential area in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Our Surgeon is one of Malaysia’s leading Plastic Surgeons and Malaysia’s only fully qualified Craniofacial Surgeon, Dr.Mohd Ali. He holds more than 15 years of experience, he performs all Cosmetic and Corrective Surgeries from head to toe.
Achieve brilliant and attractive eyes with our Craniofacial Surgeon through an Epicanthoplasty procedure which aims to lengthen the inner parts of the eye to make the eyes bigger, brighter and more alert. It is also called the “inner corner fold removal” or “Mongolian fold correction”, this is a cosmetic procedure done by Malaysia’s only Craniofacial Surgeon, Dr.Mohd Ali. He is a qualified Plastic Surgeon of 15 years and sub-specialised in Craniofacial Surgery, meaning an expert in the reconstruction of head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, face and neck region.
An Epicanthoplasty is sought by women and men who would like to adopt eyes that not only “appear bigger, brighter, and more alert” but actually bigger physiologically. This procedure does not only focus on the inner eye fold, but also addresses the outer corner of the eyes. With lateral Epicanthoplasty, eyes can be significantly lengthened and slanted eyes can be corrected.
Epicanthoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that can be taken advantage by anyone who wishes to literally open their eyes wider than is physiologically possible. Specifically, Epicanthoplasty is an ideal procedure for patients, whether male or female, who:
- Are in relatively good health
- Wish to improve their overall look without sacrificing descent or ethnicity
- Have undergone or wishes to undergo double eyelid surgery to enhance their look further
Once a patient has fully decided on Epicanthoplasty, a pre-surgical evaluation is performed to assess the severity of the Epicanthal fold. Once assessed, the incisions are planned and marked. There are two different types of Epicanthoplasty, which are:
- Medial Epicanthoplasty – This focuses mainly on the inner corner of the eye, making the eye look bigger and more open; it can also straighten slanted eyes.
- Lateral Epicanthoplasty – This procedure does not only focus on the inner eye fold, but also addresses the outer corner of the eyes. With lateral Epicanthoplasty, eyes can be significantly lengthened and slanted eyes can be corrected.
- Following a thorough assessment, the doctor will advise as to which procedure is best for the patient’s specific needs. The actual Epicanthoplasty usually starts with the application of local anaesthesia (LA).
- Epicanthal surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis and lasts about 30 minutes to an hour. After surgery, the eyelids would appear swollen and bruised. A recovery period of two weeks is often recommended. During recovery, the eyelids are allowed to heal and return to normal, so patients are advised to rest and refrain from strenuous activities and sports. Pain medication is prescribed to manage pain. Wearing eye makeup is discouraged until after the stitches have been removed which is usually after a week.
Our In-House Plastic Surgeon
Dr.Mohd.Ali is a Plastic Surgeon who specialised in plastic surgery with Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) and sub-specialised in Craniofacial Surgery and to this date remains Malaysia’s only Craniofacial Surgeon. Dr.Mohd Ali holds his license in Aesthetic Medicine from The Ministry of Health Malaysia. Dr.Mohd Ali is also an invigilator & examiner for doctors who pursue their post graduate in Plastic Surgery. He is a surgeon with full accreditation from The Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) and a registered doctor with The Malaysian Medical Council (MMC).
He is also registered under the National Specialist Register (NSR) as a plastic surgeon. Dr.Ali covers all plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgeries from head to toe and is often called into emergency and complex cases as a Consultant. He is well renowned and respected in his area of expertise. His work supersedes many of his peers and the end results on par with world class standards.
Call Us Today!
Call us today for your FREE Consultation with our Doctors! +60362115555. Here at Glojas, we bring out the best in you!